Cheap Z-Wave / Zigbee doorbell sensor

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
They have a module where you use your existing alarm, it just makes it Smart.

Konnected Alarm Panel INTERFACE Module

I beta tested the version 1 of this module, it worked great, you just jumper from the module to your existing alarm panel, I use SmartThings to manage it.
With Konnected, through SmartThings, my wife and I can leave our house and our Alarm arms itself automatically, also disarms when we return.
It is a nice product but we don't have an existing alarm system in our house and I would have to go wire all the sensors in place drilling some holes and running wires etc to use their product. with Ring Alarm, we just plug it in and mount it on the wall then be done with.

Konnected is perfect for those with alarm system already installed .. I bet this makes alarm services like ADT nervous :) Customer can go rip the ADT motherboard out and install one of those in it to stop the crazy monthly charges.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They have a module where you use your existing alarm, it just makes it Smart.

Konnected Alarm Panel INTERFACE Module

I beta tested the version 1 of this module, it worked great, you just jumper from the module to your existing alarm panel, I use SmartThings to manage it.
With Konnected, through SmartThings, my wife and I can leave our house and our Alarm arms itself automatically, also disarms when we return.

Wow.. very impressive.. however, from my limited understanding, don't you NEED the admin panel as well (not just the alarm interface module)?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I been looking for doorbell sensor to tie in my doorbell chime so I can set up a light flashing when doorbell button is pressed. During my search, I discovered a cheap way to set one up if you use Zigbee in your home automation so I wanted to share it on here.

I ordered one but my home setup is a Z-Wave so I am going to have to swap out my transmitter over to a Z-Wave / Zigbee combo transmitter for this and see if Home Assistance will be able to detect it so I don't know yet if it will work or not.
For a Z-wave system, probably the easiest way to go is to use a Z-Wave door sensor and a relay - if your system is hardwired with a transformer. The door sensor has terminals inside that will allow you to wire it to the relay. When the doorbell button is pushed, it energizes the relay which in turn trips the door sensor. HomeSeer picks up the activity and from there you can have it do anything you want.

This is the sensor

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
For a Z-wave system, probably the easiest way to go is to use a Z-Wave door sensor and a relay - if your system is hardwired with a transformer. The door sensor has terminals inside that will allow you to wire it to the relay. When the doorbell button is pushed, it energizes the relay which in turn trips the door sensor. HomeSeer picks up the activity and from there you can have it do anything you want.

This is the sensor

Thank you for your input, we have sage doorbell sensor that seems to be working out for us but the color bulb is an another story :/

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow.. very impressive.. however, from my limited understanding, don't you NEED the admin panel as well (not just the alarm interface module)?
Yes. The first version included the WiFi module, this version is an add-on board...What is nice is you keep your existing keypads with this, where as with the replacement board they no longer work. What we do is replace them with Actiontiles Tablets. I use DAKboard as a screen saver along with Fully Kiosk on our Fire Tablet. To install them I installed Google Play Store on our tablet since Amazon Tablets do not include it.

Here is a good write-up on what I have:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a nice product but we don't have an existing alarm system in our house and I would have to go wire all the sensors in place drilling some holes and running wires etc to use their product. with Ring Alarm, we just plug it in and mount it on the wall then be done with.

Konnected is perfect for those with alarm system already installed .. I bet this makes alarm services like ADT nervous :) Customer can go rip the ADT motherboard out and install one of those in it to stop the crazy monthly charges.
Yeah, so when we bought our used house it had an existing alarm wired to all windows and doors. Ranger was the company, probably a reseller of ADT. Sure we could of started a 2 to 3 year contract with them at $40 a monthly monitoring but, I like DIY, found Konnected and love it. I self monitor, get notifications if any window or door has been opened, alarm alerts, etc. What the companies who monitor do is call you anyway to see if police need to be sent, I can do that myself. This system has saved us ALOT of wasted money and has more features.

The Sage system looked like it would of been a good system, from what I read.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes ... the other poster I quoted in previous poster @alexdelprete have his set up this way if I remember correctly. However I am not sure if he is using a hub in between or how it is connected to alexa speaker. He would be best suited to answer this question for you.
Sure it works perfectly. I use a Z-Wave chime (Aeotec Siren 6) plus Amazon Echo devices spread through the house. In order to automate things, I'm using Hubitat Elevation as central automation hub that has a driver for the SAGE sensor. When it detects the button press from the driver, I instructed it to ring my Aeotec Siren 6 chime plus announce on all the Amazon Echos in the house that someone's at the door. You could also instruct it to light some smart bulbs, color them, etc. Once you have the sensor working with HE, all the rest is up to your fantasy. :)

@joshwah wrote me in PM, I told him the same thing.