Cheapest NVR for tv/monitor streaming

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to know what would you guys would recommend for a the cheapest unit I can use to watch a RTSP stream on a TV/monitor with HDMI? I got some hikvision cameras hooked up and I want to stream it to a video source, so that I can watch it without any recording? I tried use a NVR to connect to the Hikvision cameras via the management port (8000) but it seems to freeze after a couple of weeks, so I ran it using low RTSP streams and that seemed to work but the NVR was a bit expensive (used the 7104NI-SL/W).

I tried the Android HDMI sticks using iVMS-4500 app but there is like a few second delay compared to watching it on the PC or on the NVR itself.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you search around here someone found a small ebay special 4 channel (I believe) NVR, it was about $50 and pretty small. Has VGA and HDMI output and they only wanted it to stream over a HDMI output.

I don't recall which thread exactly but hopefully your searches are more effective.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you search around here someone found a small ebay special 4 channel (I believe) NVR, it was about $50 and pretty small. Has VGA and HDMI output and they only wanted it to stream over a HDMI output.

I don't recall which thread exactly but hopefully your searches are more effective.
thanks, I'll search for it and post an update when I find it here for someone else.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you haven't found it yet.

I can't seem to find the thread still but it was similar (maybe even the same) as this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-NVR-4CH-HD1080P-960P-720P-Network-Video-Recorder-IP-Cameras-Cloud-P2P-ONVIF-/321491628880
Thanks, I did try looking the other day but couldn't find the thread. I saw something similar on Amazon, looks exactly the same. I tried it once before in the past with some Hikvision cameras but it worked once but then stopped working. I just figured out recently that you can just pull the ONVIF streams from the cameras instead of using the Hikvision protocol. I might give this try again or I might go with the Windows 10 desktop I posted yesterday for $140. It's a full blown pc that can run iVMS-4200 I believe. I barely just came out, so I might buy one to try it once the dock gets in stock.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes when using them via ONVIF. Its fairly cheap under 50 aussie dollars. However if it's not worth it I might just put it towards a other camera.