Chime/Bell on Motion?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
My in-laws are wanting a camera on the side of the house where their driveway is located. There are no windows that face that direction and even the front door isn’t on that side of the house. So they are always surprised when someone comes up their driveway and walks around their house to their front door. They are also located in the woods which is black as coal at night.

Anyway, I was thinking about using an Axis P3375-LVE or a Q3515-LVE. I have some of these on my own home and am impressed with them. My question has to do with how to wire a bell or chime that would activate upon motion. I know I can easily create action rules using the built-in motion detection the camera has. I could have it email them upon activating (emailing to their mobile phone numbers and essentially having it “text” them). But I’d rather setup something more local to the home. What could I use to simply ring a bell or activate a chime upon motion? We could mount this inside their home so they would be aware when a car is traveling up their driveway.

I know there is an I/O port on the cameras I listed. I also know they have a 3.5mm audio out jack that could be attached to an amp/speaker setup. The distance from the camera to the proposed chime location would be approx 25 feet or so.

Any ideas on how to accomplish a bell/chime setup?