Chinese Firmware V 5.3.6 to English converstion?

Shoprat

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,
I am a newbie and this is my first question concerning Hikvision IP cameras. I just received 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2635F-IS cameras from a non authorized Hikvision retailer. The cameras have Chinese firmware version 5.3.6 which has only a Chinese language option. Since tech support from the seller is non existent, I am turning to this forum for assistance. How would I change/downgrade/upgrade the firmware so English will be a language option. I am able to somewhat navigate through the Chinese firmware menus, using Google Tranlate, to load a different firmware version if this would be a viable option. I have read of downgrading the firmware to obtain an English user interface, but did not know if that would apply to this Chinese only 5.3.6 firmware version. Thank you in advance for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
downgrading the firmware to obtain an English user interface,
If you just want to be able to set the camera up without battling with CN menus, the 'Batch Configuration Tool' will do all the detailed configuration in English language. You just need to find the floating wheel icon ...
Download it from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.