Chinese Mini camera firmware

Nole1925

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

First of all i'm sorry if it isn't the right place for my thread in this forum, i'm a newbie in this forum and also a beginner user of cameras.

Main problem : It's about remote wireless hidden in ac adapter camera(chinese product)

Z99.jpg

My uncle (cctv retailer) has around 200 camera in his stock for a long time because the remote view of theses camera via the mobile app "iminicam" is down since few months (while the local/in lan connection is working) which is an issue impacting many models of camera ( the hosting cloud server seems to be down and this won't be fixed soon).
There is always the old solution to get the remote connection ( ip forwarding,..etc) but i wanted to give a try on the p2p connection method.

Personal Approach : I saw many forums in the web talking about customizing the firmware of the chinese camera( changing boot picture,enabling telnet/ssh..), i said if i will manage to find the appropriate firmware for theses camera ( which will be very complicated to achieve most likely since there isn't any kind of support/sheet provided with the camera or found in the internet, i didn't even yet identify the name of the camera...probably it doesn't have one :rofl:), is there any way to identify the p2p cloud server ip or hostname from the firmware file and maybe replace it with another ip address ?

Some additional information:
A port scan revealed only one port opened (http/80),

main page.jpg
the main configuration webpage show some information about the s/n

serial number.jpg
I was too glad to see this menu"Network" but finally nothing really interesting found in this page other than changing the p2p login credentials and the status of the p2p connection (stuck at "login" since the boot of the camera)...
network.jpg

Finally i mean does it worth to spend some hours in this desperate track? Any other idea to establish a remote connection for theses camera via a mobile app/web server is welcome.

Thank you also for reading this.