Chinese pinhole camera is restarting every 50 minutes

peter21

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a pinhole camera through AliExpress.
The "name" says "8MP 4K Mini IP Camera with POE."

I was able to get the following information via the web interface:
Device Name: IPC
Device Model: F8/IPG-9280PGS-AI
Software Version: 1.5.0-20220831PT
WEB Version: 22.05.18.9789

on the RJ45 connector it says: PS6Lite Camera
Pixel: 8MP
Lens: 3.6mm

The processor is a Fullhan FH8856V200 (5MP, not 8MP but anyway :D)

The camera works, but it seems to have a bug. About every 50 minutes the camera restarts.

I have already tried everything possible. Via the web interface I have set the camera to factory settings. I also tried to change from H265 to H264. No improvement. The scheduled reboot is deativated (web interface).

In the web interface there is also the possibility to perform a firmware update. However, I can not find a suitable firmware on the Internet.

Does anyone of you have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance
Peter

gr8scotto

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't help you with your question, unfortunately, Maybe you can help me with mine?

I have a very similar camera (which does not seem to reboot). The manual included said default username is "admin" and the default password is NULL (as in, empty). Yet using the web interface that combo isn't accepted. I have tried every typical default username/pw I can think of, no dice.

Yet, I am able to add the camera to Blue Iris using those credentials for the ONVIF stream.

Out of curiosity, what username/password worked for you to get access to the interface?

bicter

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a pinhole camera through AliExpress.
The "name" says "8MP 4K Mini IP Camera with POE."

I was able to get the following information via the web interface:
Device Name: IPC

on the RJ45 connector it says: PS6Lite Camera
Pixel: 8MP
Lens: 3.6mm

The processor is a Fullhan FH8856V200 (5MP, not 8MP but anyway :D)

The camera works, but it seems to have a bug. About every 50 minutes the camera restarts.

I have already tried everything possible. Via the web interface I have set the camera to factory settings. I also tried to change from H265 to H264. No improvement. The scheduled reboot is deativated (web interface).

In the web interface there is also the possibility to perform a firmware update. However, I can not find a suitable firmware on the Internet.

Does anyone of you have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance
Peter
I see that this camera is PoE. Have you tried another port, it's possible that you have a bad cable.crimp/poe port.

peter21

n3wb
Reaction score
Update
I've contacted the seller and he sent me a brand ne camera.

Pro: The camera runs now without any problems
Con: Even though h265 is selected in the interface the stream is always h264

This is at least a minor problem albeit annoying. Maybe someone has another suggestion?

What I've noticed:

Old camera

New camera
Software Version: 1.5.0-20220831-SG

As you can see the new camera has another software version, although the build date (2022-08-31 ?) seems to be equal.

I can't help you with your question, unfortunately, Maybe you can help me with mine?

I have a very similar camera (which does not seem to reboot). The manual included said default username is "admin" and the default password is NULL (as in, empty). Yet using the web interface that combo isn't accepted. I have tried every typical default username/pw I can think of, no dice.

Yet, I am able to add the camera to Blue Iris using those credentials for the ONVIF stream.

Out of curiosity, what username/password worked for you to get access to the interface?
Did you've tried to reset the camera using "ONVIF Device Manager"?
I know there is a reset option too but haven't tried it yet.
Username was "admin", password empty. After the first login the web interface wanted me to change the password.

I see that this camera is PoE. Have you tried another port, it's possible that you have a bad cable.crimp/poe port.
I've tried it with my POE switch and an POE injector. Same problem.