Choosing hardware for BI: is this PC okay?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently the CPU version wasn't what some folks expected, and found something better about the performance under thier circumstances that made GPU version better for thier system.
Probably number of Cameras using Deepstack, and Hardware resources.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That was written prior to DeepStack being included as an option in Blue Iris. Things are constantly changing. With the latest generation CPUs you can live without a dedicated GPU card, but with older CPUs, like a 6th generation, a GPU makes all the difference in the world when using DeepSack both in detection time and, as a result of faster detection times, better detection accuracy.

The problem is that it takes a GPU with 1000, or more, cuda cores to work really well. Between crypto mining, chip shortages and bots snatching up every card possible to make money re-selling them, the cost of cards is sky high right now. The old GTX970 I'm using is worth more now than when I bought it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I Pulled it when my system began acting strangely. a week later the SSD died. been getting along without it, on my simon simple Home PC.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Its Too bad I didnt go with Nvidia back 4 yrs ago when I upgraded the video card in my old intel i2600K rig. Instead I bought a strix R 390 8GB :(.