Choppy video for fast moving objects leaving frame

ziptie

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having an odd network issue I am trying to track down. On my 1440p stream in both live view and clips recorded to my NVR, the stream gets choppy for cars exiting the FOV of the camera. It does not do it on lower resolution streams, but lowering the bitrate on the 1440p stream doesn't help any. Clips recorded to the cameras SD card look fine, which points to a network issue somewhere.

The camera is setup through a Ethernet over Power adaptor, and a speed test shows it at 100/100 Mbps with a 10ms ping, which should be plenty. I have also noticed setting the bitrate to constant does not seem to work. My NVR will show bitrates ranging from 200kbps to 8000. The frame rate also drops to 0 when the scene is static.

Any tips?

Attachments

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
fps and iframe max 20
h264H
min. 8192
also CBR could be helpful

also is this a motion trigger ? do you record 24/7 or only motion ?

ziptie

n3wb
Reaction score
fps and iframe max 20
h264H
min. 8192
also CBR could be helpful

also is this a motion trigger ? do you record 24/7 or only motion ?

I don't have an option for H.264H. Just H.265 H.264, and a + option for either. I have tried CBR, I can't notice any difference. Dropping the I-Frame and FPS to 20 didn't do anything either.

The camera records 24/7

As A test I dropped the mains team settings all the way down to 720p, 1000kbps and it still lags the same amount. The secondary stream works great though at even higher settings.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like either your network or the NVR cannot keep up with the demand during motion.

Are the cameras passing through the router? If so that is likely the problem.

Place all the cameras and the NVR on the same switch and then from the switch to the router.

ziptie

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like either your network or the NVR cannot keep up with the demand during motion.

Are the cameras passing through the router? If so that is likely the problem.

Place all the cameras and the NVR on the same switch and then from the switch to the router.
NVR shows a negligible load, and all equipment is on the same switch. The fact it does it from the camera's live view makes me discount it being the NVR as well. I enabled the plus profile for h.264 and it improved the issue dramatically. I am a little confused why it would help for this though.