Choppy video when exporting to H.265

Hab

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having some issues converting BVR clips to H.265 without re-encoding. The resulting video seemingly only plays the I-frames, similar to as if limited decoding were enabled.

The clips look fine everywhere else, both in the console and stream. The clips also play fine when written direct-to-disk using MPEG-4.

A user on reddit, link here, had a seemingly identical issue, and the solution was selecting 'Video: H.265' from the 'Encoder options' in 'Convert/Export'.
That option is grayed out / disabled for me, and the exported video is already H.265 according to FFprobe. Blue Iris documentation states that those options are not even applicable unless re-encoding, although it sounds like it helped that user. The user had the same issue later after a Blue Iris update disabled the use of the encoder option, and reverting to the previous version, 5.4.6.4, fixed the issue again. I've tried installing the nearest available version, 5.4.6.3, though unfruitful.

Any help would be much appreciated, even if it is just pointing me in a general direction.