Chosing a PTZ w/ auto tracking

Reaction score
I've never installed a PTZ camera before. I have two Hikvision 7616 series NVRs. I want to get a PTZ camera with auto tracking because I don"t see much of a point getting one without auto tracking. ADI has the DS-2SE4C425MWG-E for about $450 which doesn't have auto tracking. the Hikvision camera that does the DS-2SE4C425MWG-E is listed about $2,600. A big price difference. I was looking at an alternative the Dahua 6CE445XANR Pro-Series Starlight for $1,300 which has auto tracking with a lot of other specs that the Hikvision cameras don't have but I don't know if it will work with my NVR. Please offer suggestions on a reasonable PTZ camera or telling me if that Dahua camera will work.Thank You in advance.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As long as the NVR supports ONVIF which it appears that yours does, then it should work with cameras that also support ONVIF, at least for viewing and recording. However the NVR can't support setting up PTZ patrol or auto tracking configurations so you have to use a different interface to set up and manage that. Many factors go into selecting a PTZ camera so it depends on your specific needs and expectations and of course budget. There are trade-offs to PTZ auto tracking cameras that may or may not be acceptable to you.