Chrome is doing away with the app

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So Chrome is doing away with the app to view and cameras. Is there a secondary way to view on desktop? I use blue iris but I can't see the screen from my bedroom just want to look at One camera once in awhile and the Chrome app was good for that thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So Chrome is doing away with the app to view and cameras. Is there a secondary way to view on desktop? I use blue iris but I can't see the screen from my bedroom just want to look at One camera once in awhile and the Chrome app was good for that thanks in advance
You can view a single camera using the Blue Iris web server. No need for any app.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Not sure about your question....."Chrome" is a browser created by Google, it's not an app and it's not being done away with.
Chrome or a Chromium-based browser such as Brave or MS Edge is the preferred browser type to view UI3, Blue Iris' built-in web server.
BTW, what were you attempting to view it on in your bedroom?
  • A PC or laptop?
  • An Android tablet or phone?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think he is referring to the NACL plugin.
:cool:
You're probably right.
But as @fenderman suggested, if he can "view a cam" with a browser (assuming he's talking about the cam's embedded webGUI) then he can view UI3.
I would think that after being on the forum for 7 years he should be able to do that with no problem....

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Not sure about your question....."Chrome" is a browser created by Google, it's not an app and it's not being done away with.
Chrome or a Chromium-based browser such as Brave or MS Edge is the preferred browser type to view UI3, Blue Iris' built-in web server.
BTW, what were you attempting to view it on in your bedroom?
  • A PC or laptop?
  • An Android tablet or phone?
Sorry, let me try and clear this up. 2 Desktops 2 different rooms.
I have blue iris running on a desktop in another room Which does everything I need records playback etc. 4 Cameras. (lets forget about that)

I have a desktop in my bedroom which I would just like to view a camera to look outside, Also I like to move the little amcrest ptz around the house and record granddaughter. so I figured I could use this what they call a Amcrest Chrome app (their wording) to do that which I have been doing successfully however now this pop-up Windows shows that it's going away in December I just want to be able to work a camera on a desktop in my bedroom and have it record to its sd card.

So I downloaded the Amcrest surveillance pro but I cannot locate where to have video record to sd card.

I just figured someone might be using it.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, let me try and clear this up. 2 Desktops 2 different rooms.
I have blue iris running on a desktop in another room Which does everything I need records playback etc. 4 Cameras. (lets forget about that)

I have a desktop in my bedroom which I would just like to view a camera to look outside, Also I like to move the little amcrest ptz around the house and record granddaughter. so I figured I could use this what they call a Amcrest Chrome app (their wording) to do that which I have been doing successfully however now this pop-up Windows shows that it's going away in December I just want to be able to work a camera on a desktop in my bedroom and have it record to its sd card.

So I downloaded the Amcrest surveillance pro but I cannot locate where to have video record to sd card.

I just figured someone might be using it.
Again, you can do this directly from the blue iris webserver by using a browser on the bedroom pc.

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay bear with me this is what I did I went to Blue Iris clicked on the gear went to web server path and got my local internal land access http address and typed that into a new tab, that window said enter username and password which I entered the wrong one so it timed out.

I want back to BI clicked on the user Tab and added a user then I went back to the local internal land access and it says you do not have permission to access this website.