Cisco CIVS-IPC-7070 with Dahua N52A4P NVR

spunner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to get a Cisco CIVS-IPC-7070 to work with my Dahua N52A4P NVR. I have it plugged into port 15 of the NVR. Cam is running the latest firmware 2.12.6-5 and NVR is running the latest from 2022-11-15. I have enabled ONVIF on the camera per Cisco instruction. Camera is registered in the NVR, have a green light, and can get to it's web interface via the NVR virtualhost. So they are communicating that much anyway. Just no image in live view. In playback it shows green lines every other second like it is bouncing or something. Getting close, just wondered if anyone else has tried this combination. All could be for nothing if I can't de-warp in DSS, but need the cam to play nice with the NVR to find out. TYIA!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd double check that ONVIF operation by running ODM; at upper leftput in the camera's "name" (username) and "password" and click on "Log in" ; then click on "Live Video" in the middle .

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this camera's image sensor for real?

Image sensor: One 2.5-inch progressive-scan complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
RE; Sensor size:
I have a few 5mp panorama cameras from Andy and Amcrest. they are 5Mp on a 1/2.7 sensor. Havent had them on a Dahua NVR though...
much like the 1179ew's which are also 5MP on a 1/2.7 sensor...
they've been available( The Cisco's) The since at least 2017.....so it wouldn't surprise me thats the size.....1/2.5
just on Cisco's page it's listed in a non standard kind of description right?
1697522509814.png

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this camera's image sensor for real?

Image sensor: One 2.5-inch progressive-scan complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)
Most likely a commercial artist misunderstood how to write up the notes handed to her/him by the technical author for brochure printing, thinking that 1/2.5" meant one each 2.5"....but I know that you already know this... :cool: