Classic car buffs...can you name this car?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience, in their day, they would make the tears run from the eyes
as you climbed to 160 ish ! We still have a 2013 GT500 w/ only 650 HP to the rear wheels with air conditioning;
stereo, leather bla, bla bla,

Here is the "pattern" to the Cobra above.

It sold for $5.5 M USD!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's not a replica, I'd say it's a '65 to '67 Shelby Cobra.
427ci , two 4bbl carbs.

In 1966 my dad, mom and I had driven from ATL to Daytona Beach. Our '65 Ford Country Sedan station wagon (390ci/4bbl) developed a squealing water pump bearing so we pulled into a Ford dealership there called Ray Hunt Ford. While they worked on the wagon I walked out into the showroom and there sat a silver, '66 Shelby Cobra, 427, with two 4 barrels, Halibrand wheels, Goodyear Blue Dots. Oh...my....God.

I sat in the black leather driver's seat and looked at the Smith gauges. Here's the part I'll never forget...the sticker price.....$10K plus tax and fees.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At my local elementary school there is a kid that gets picked up by his grandfather in one of these when the weather is nice. Even if it were a replica I'm still jealous. I have a 1968 Camaro I've owned since 1995 and itching to start working on it again.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Shelby cobra, not sure what year, from the 60's , A guy next door at Abbott Labs drives one in the summer on fridays. Weather permitting. actually a very similar color. Not sure if his is a kit or an Actual. sure looks like the real deal....Big Pharma money I guess.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
65 Shelby Cobra
they made the roadster (convertible) and the Daytona Coupe for a aerodynamic version.
The roadster was like pushing a brick through the air. The coupe was very slick and was winning races
until they had a fire in the pits, and Shelby moved over to Ford to build the GT-40. Same guy designed both the
Daytona Coupe and the GT40.
There was only 6 of the Daytona Coupes made, and they go for a huge paycheck.
Replicas are made for both types, a lot more of the roadsters then the Coupes.

They weigh around 2300-2400 lbs and are a lot of fun with 200 HP, but a lot of them are closer to 400-500 HP.
I have spent a lot of seat time in a 400HP Coupe, it's a lot of smiles per mile! way more then miles per gallon. :D:cool:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking Chrysler because it look like a very short wheelbase and the rear split windows. It could be the len distortion making it look shorter than it actually is.