classroom lecture camera system advice needed

Jay Dub

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is in the right forum but I think it is. With the help of IPcamtalk I have a blue iris system with 12 cameras up and running well on a very small college campus. Emptiretecandy also helped us get the cameras. I'm very happy for this setup and how it works.

I'd like to be able to record both video and audio in some classrooms for lectures to put online. Because of Covid19 we are recording lectures as our students left and are now doing classes online. We are currently using some DSLR cameras then transferring the SD cards to computers etc, then getting the content online. It's a very labor intensive. We have a budget we can work with but it's a non-profit school without any state support so we can't do something extremely expensive.

Since there are so many experienced video capture people here, can anyone point me in the right direction of what we can do for easier lecture recording? I'm thinking some PTZ IP cameras mounted on ceilings that can capture quality audio and record to a central computer/NVR like Blue Iris does for surveillance. Is there anything out there like I'm thinking that can do quality recordings and get the video files in a central location? We are very remote so our internet isn't good so a cloud situation won't work. I'm looking at recording 4-5 classrooms is all.

Thanks,
Jay Dub