Clip not producing

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went to review some footage and note that whilst several images have been produced, when I double click onto any of them, it says image not found. In addition, when I right click onto the image and try to select “go to containing folder”, this option is greyed out. I have also looked in C:\BlueIris\Alerts but I can not see the images in there.

I am on version 4.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Recordings are typically in the "new" or "stored" folders. Check your configuration of the new/stored/alerts folders in Blue Iris Options > Clips & Archiving. Also look at BI's status panel on the tab that shows storage usage. Upload screenshots of each of these things here (total: 4) and someone may be able to tell you what is wrong.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also note that alerts are not video clips they are pointers to the clips and nothing is stored in the alert folder unless you choose to store high resolution alert images which is not necessary.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also note that alerts are not video clips they are pointers to the clips and nothing is stored in the alert folder unless you choose to store high resolution alert images which is not necessary.
Thanks.

I can confirm that I do not have he-res enabled (this was turned off ages back)

Since posting this first post, I have upgraded from 4-5 and the fault still persists.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I can confirm that I do not have he-res enabled (this was turned off ages back)

Since posting this first post, I have upgraded from 4-5 and the fault still persists.
There should be nothing in your alert folder and you should have hi res disabled. You have something setup incorrectly that is why bp2008 asked for the screenshots. I would also ask you to post the BI record tab screen shot and the cameras web interface video screen shot in addition to the others he requested.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Recordings are typically in the "new" or "stored" folders. Check your configuration of the new/stored/alerts folders in Blue Iris Options > Clips & Archiving. Also look at BI's status panel on the tab that shows storage usage. Upload screenshots of each of these things here (total: 4) and someone may be able to tell you what is wrong.

Attachments

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should be nothing in your alert folder and you should have hi res disabled. You have something setup incorrectly that is why bp2008 asked for the screenshots. I would also ask you to post the BI record tab screen shot and the cameras web interface video screen shot in addition to the others he requested.
Hope this is what you meant.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least from that we can see you have over 1 TB of recordings. Are you able to play any of them? If so, what is different between the ones that play and the ones that don't?

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, at least from that we can see you have over 1 TB of recordings. Are you able to play any of them? If so, what is different between the ones that play and the ones that don't?
Yes, they all play OK. The system has been working fine until this one camera messed around. I rebooted the camera, set it to trigger and it has since recorded a clip.