Clips disappeared - can't repair DB

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday all of my clips and alerts disappeared from the BI interface.

I have the DB on my SSD drive and the NEW files set to go to a WD purple 4TB drive. The WD drive has about 1.5TB free.

I have tried repairing and regenerating/building the database multiple times with no luck.

I have attached some screenshots.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm on version 5.6.8.4

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There have been issues with 5.6.x.x with DB issues.

The fix is to shut down BI and delete the DB folder and then restart BI.

Now in the process you will lose all of the alert thumbnails from before the deletion, but the video files remain and can be played back.

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
There have been issues with 5.6.x.x with DB issues.

The fix is to shut down BI and delete the DB folder and then restart BI.

Now in the process you will lose all of the alert thumbnails from before the deletion, but the video files remain and can be played back.
Thanks, I tried that and still have the empty list.

I tried upgrading past 5.6.x.x and with the newer versions, everytime I do a DB repair it gives me an error about connecting to the service.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that and still have the empty list.

I tried upgrading past 5.6.x.x and with the newer versions, everytime I do a DB repair it gives me an error about connecting to the service.
Are you sure you don’t have the small lightning bolt icon clicked? As already stated when rebuilding all the existing alerts will disappear so if you have show only alerts selected then it will be blank?

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure you don’t have the small lightning bolt icon clicked? As already stated when rebuilding all the existing alerts will disappear so if you have show only alerts selected then it will be blank?
Thanks, I checked that, but I have "all clips" selected and it still shows "empty list"

Empty clips list.PNG

I deleted about half the clips in my NEW folder to make sure there is plenty of room. BI still shows an allocation problem:

Space-2.PNG

I can see new .BVR files are being written in the NEW folder on my WD 4TB drive, but nothing is showing up in the clips list.

Anyone else have any ideas. Still waiting on the support response from my BI email.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried as suggested above, stopping the BI service, then deleting or renaming the DB folded and then restarting the BI service. It should then rebuild the DB.

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried as suggested above, stopping the BI service, then deleting or renaming the DB folded and then restarting the BI service. It should then rebuild the DB.
I stopped the service, deleted the DB folder, restarted the computer. It was working and the new clips and alerts were showing (old alerts and clips are gone).

I still had the overallocation error:

Space-3.PNG

Space-4.PNG

I clicked "Repair DB" on the button left, since the folder usage numbers are inaccurate. It brought be back to the same place. The clips list is empty, no alerts are showing up either.

Last edited:

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
Still having this issue with BI reporting on overallocated space. Any other ideas on a fix?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
How is Stored setup? You’ve allocated 2900 for New, the drive size looks to be 3630 so if you’ve allocated a lot more space to Stored that would account for your over allocation problem.

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
How is Stored setup? You’ve allocated 2900 for New, the drive size looks to be 3630 so if you’ve allocated a lot more space to Stored that would account for your over allocation problem.
Here is the stored setting:
Stored.PNG

For the D:\ drive, it has a large amount of "other files", but I don't have anything else on that drive beside BI New files

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Can’t see what might be wrong. Other files are files that either aren’t related to BI or may be BI files that it does not recognise.

I had something similar when for example I changed the name of a cam as the BVR file name includes the cam name.

Only other thing I can suggest is stop the BI service, once again delete the DB folder and if you can then delete all of the files in the D drive. Obviously only do this if there is nothing in clips that you want or need.

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the issue may have been how many Alerts I had in my Alerts folder (over 20K files). I upgraded to the latest BI version, deleted most of the Alerts, and repaired the DB. The error has gone away.

Space-5.PNG

What size should I limit the Alerts folder to? Right now I have it set to 100GB, which is clearly too big.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I have mine set to 5Gb but I don’t save any images at all so it never gets used.

It interesting though that this can cause an overallocation issue, presumably at some stage it’s lost track of the saved images and now thinks of them as extra files?