Clips Error

JamesLR

n3wb
Reaction score
I keep getting this error or some version of it: C:: 2419, 1.06G/29.63T (-27.63T). I have plenty of storage on my hard drive, over 1TB remaining. I have also verified the folder structure in the Blue Iris Folder. Can anyone help? Thank you

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI Version? Have you compacted and repaired db?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep getting this error or some version of it: C:: 2419, 1.06G/29.63T (-27.63T). I have plenty of storage on my hard drive, over 1TB remaining. I have also verified the folder structure in the Blue Iris Folder. Can anyone help? Thank you
Welcome to the forum...you may have designated too much space for the storage...From the help file
The status bar contains three important areas:On the left is an area for context-sensitive help messages. You will notice that this text changes as you hover the cursor over the Blue Iris window to describe what's below the cursor.Next is a status display describing the utilization of your clip storage folders. This display may consist of these numbers:
  • The number of files in the folder. It is considered a warning condition if this number surpasses 200,000.
  • The amount of headroom on the drive beyond what's required to store 100% of the folder's specified maximum size. It is considered an error condition if this number falls below 1GB. Ideally you should reserve enough free space to accommodate at least 15 minutes worth of completed files from each camera, as the process to store and delete files only runs occasionally. The clip storage status display will be shown in red if there is a warning or error condition.
  • The current CPU utilization (approximately). If this number approaches 100% it is considered an error condition and the number will be shown in red.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Reduced the amount of space "Limit Folder Size:" to 50 GB. I no longer get the "Clips Warning"
Great..make sure 50gb is enough to hold the data for the duration you want to save video

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great..make sure 50gb is enough to hold the data for the duration you want to save video
@fenderman - Old thread but what's the recommended solution if I don't want to reduce the storage space?
My error is "\\remoteNas: 206033, 14.69T/14.89T (+4.90T)"

I have one local folder [f:] and one remote folder (NAS) for alerts and clips. I keep 30 days on local disk and then move alerts and clips to the remote NAS. I keep roughly 90 days of alerts and clips on the NAS. Should I break up the NAS folder into 60 - 90 day folders for alerts and clips? Is my issue the amount of storage or the number of files?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman - Old thread but what's the recommended solution if I don't want to reduce the storage space?
My error is "\\remoteNas: 206033, 14.69T/14.89T (+4.90T)"

I have one local folder [f:] and one remote folder (NAS) for alerts and clips. I keep 30 days on local disk and then move alerts and clips to the remote NAS. I keep roughly 90 days of alerts and clips on the NAS. Should I break up the NAS folder into 60 - 90 day folders for alerts and clips? Is my issue the amount of storage or the number of files?
You should never be using days as a measure of storage. I don't know what the error means because you still have free space on the nas however it appears to be almost completely full. Try leaving a bit more free space on your nas and your PC drive

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should never be using days as a measure of storage. I don't know what the error means because you still have free space on the nas however it appears to be almost completely full. Try leaving a bit more free space on your nas and your PC drive
I'm using both a size limit and age limit. Will BI keep files past the size limit if the age limit is not met?

Is there a way to force BI to leave more of a buffer? I actually have plenty of space on the NAS and expanded the space by 1TB, still seeing the error.

In your ealrier post you mention a number of files limit, is that still an issue on 5.6.2.3?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using both a size limit and age limit. Will BI keep files past the size limit if the age limit is not met?

Is there a way to force BI to leave more of a buffer? I actually have plenty of space on the NAS and expanded the space by 1TB, still seeing the error.

In your ealrier post you mention a number of files limit, is that still an issue on 5.6.2.3?
If you have an age limit it will be either or, but why delete footage that you have room to store?
Allocate less space and you will have a larger buffer. 1tb is more than enough unless you are creating many huge files that total more than 1tb while they are open.

My earlier post was a copy past from the help file at the time. Pc's are more powerful and there have been updates to the database and BI. However, generally speaking it would still be silly to have that many clips.
Your issue may not be related to storage at all, but some connectivity issue with the nas. I would email support.