Cloned cameras

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've cloned a few cameras to set up different trigger zones that would immediately alert me if someone enters a certain part of my property. I disabled all recording on these cloned cameras to avoid duplicating video and wasting storage space. I selected the original camera as the "clone master" and selected "group clone clips".

These alerts are working just fine, however, when I select the alert image it says there is no video available to play. I'm assuming this is because I've turned off recording for these clones, but does recording really need to be duplicated for this to work? I assumed that since I checked "group clone clips" it would refer an alert image to the original cameras clip for playback.

Anyone have a solution for this or do I have to record the clone cameras stream as well? If so, should I just record on trigger only?

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Group clone clips is for filtering clips and so won't work if no recording is set.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 02.51.37.png

Though I do agree that it would be a great feature/idea where an alert on a cloned cam could flag the position in the DB for the main cam or 'clone master'. Would only work correctly if you are recording 24/7 I suppose.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@cam26,
You right-clicked on the alerts list, checked "Include clips from excluded cameras" and that resolved your issue? :idk:

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@cam26,
You right-clicked on the alerts list, checked "Include clips from excluded cameras" and that resolved your issue? :idk:
@TonyR no, that was for a separate issue I was having where once I hid the clone, the alert/clip would not be shown in the list to review.

Reference this issue, I have temporarily fixed the “no video available” issue by enabling recording for the clone upon trigger only. This has allowed me to view the clone alerts, with video, in the alert list. Not ideal as it does end up being redundant, so I'm still open to and searching for other solutions.