Close Focus distance IPC-T5442TM-AS 6mm (IPC-HDW5442TM-AS)

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

Does anyone who owns a 6mm variant of the above know how accurate the specs on the spec sheet are in relation to the Close Focus Distance? From playing with IPVM calculator, the 6mm seems to give me the reach to get people coming towards my car on the driveway. Start of driveway is about 10m, but the close focus distance value of 3.8m leaves a large part of my car in a zone that i assume will be out of focus. Front of car sits about 2.5m from where camera will be mounted.

Does anyone know how severly out of focus people become when entering closer than the close focus distance?

close focus distance.PNG

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are various FW versions out there for smart IR. I do not use smart IR because the latest versions of smart IR do not illuminate my areas enough, or I have multiple cameras crisscrossing IR light paths in one area and I don't want to blow out those cameras with the others IR.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
SmartIR isn't all that smart. I do use it on some but don't think that it really works all that great on any of my cams. Especially at close distance. Still blows out faces without compensating in other ways. Some cam/scenes better than others. That's one thing that I think my Hikvision cams do much better than my Dahua cams. But between image settings and adjusting IR in various ways you can get things to work well in most all cases.