Cockroach triggers Ring Security Camera

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like she did not look at the video before calling in the SWAT?
That's an excellent point. This was basically a false alarm and one of the reasons why the police eventually become laxed on responding to alarm calls.

What's also notable to me is the high cost of policing (salaries, vehicles, weapons, and other equipment) to catch a thief stealing household goods. Just look at those guys equipped and ready for a battle ... three of them.

I'm bound to get blow back for stating the above, but let me just say we definitely need police. I'm just not sure the return on investment is there.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
"I'm bound to get blow back for stating the above, but let me just say we definitely need police. I'm just not sure the return on investment is there."

Yeah, until you need them for something serious. Can you predict which alarm will be false or real? Can you predict which real alarm will involve aggressive people? Can you predict which "domestic violence" call will involve someone in a rage with some form of weapon, be it a firearm, knife or club? No you can't and neither can the police or anyone else. They, for their own safety and the safety of neighboring civilians, have to respond ready to deal with whatever comes at them, be it a six legged cockroach or a two legged cockroach. What would be the "return on investment" if there had been an armed intruder there and a single officer, not properly equipped, responded and was injured or killed? Responding with properly equipped officers and not ending up in that situation is a real return on investment, IMHO.