Code for Blue iris

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have put my arguments in to the line of code for Blue iris and saved it to flash drive. Now when I try to copy the line of code to the parameter box under Blue iris alerts tab it will not paste. It will paste to Word and WordPad but not to Blue iris.I checked the file to make sure it was not a read only and it's not, A brain fart on my end.
Thanks for any ideas,

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I have experienced some apps that do not allow the right-click & paste method, but it does allow you to ctrl+v (paste)

Have you tried both methods?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have put my arguments in to the line of code for Blue iris and saved it to flash drive. Now when I try to copy the line of code to the parameter box under Blue iris alerts tab it will not paste. It will paste to Word and WordPad but not to Blue iris.I checked the file to make sure it was not a read only and it's not, A brain fart on my end.
Thanks for any ideas,
Do you know what @SpacemanSpiff 's speaks of above, regarding <CNTRL>+C and <CNTRL>+V ?

EDIT: also, use Notepad, not Wordpad or Word, to edit, copy & paste plain text so as to not get formatting mixed in.

Last edited:

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know what @SpacemanSpiff 's speaks of above, regarding <CNTRL>+C and <CNTRL>+V ?

EDIT: also, use Notepad, not WordPad or Word, to edit, copy & paste plain text so as to not get formatting mixed in.
I did use notepad to assemble the arguments. I only used word and WordPad to see if the flash drive would paste in those programs. Other than that, I used notepad. The issue is I cannot copy from flash drive to Blue iris using control<c and Control >V to copy and paste. Will try a different flash drive tomorrow even though the drive is read or write.
Thanks for the tip.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I seem to be able to paste into every one of the various On alert type options that I tried. Did not try from a flash drive.

Can you paste from Notepad into BI? If so, paste to Notepad and then into BI?