Color nightvision.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried to use the brightness and contrast buttons on the lower left corner of the screen.
When the IR is off I only see a black screen. Please show me how to get the color night vision back, thank you. CV
Update: The screen stays black with daylight too. Should I reset the camera?

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's black all of the time, then resetting is probably a good idea. If you need any more specific help, you'll have to mention which camera model you're using.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Were you using Blue Iris to control the Brightness, Contrast, and IR? Don't do that. Blue Iris is terrible at this. Always use the camera's own web interface to adjust these settings. That is where you need to go to fix it; to the camera's web interface. Hunt around in the image settings until you find the day/night or b&w/color/auto setting.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Were you using Blue Iris to control the Brightness, Contrast, and IR? Don't do that. Blue Iris is terrible at this. Always use the camera's own web interface to adjust these settings. That is where you need to go to fix it; to the camera's web interface. Hunt around in the image settings until you find the day/night or b&w/color/auto setting.
I did what you just mentioned, lesson learned :)

Update: Camera reset, all functions are back to normal, thank you.

Last edited: