Colorvu DS-2CD2347G3E-L ????

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone any idea whether I can use DS-2CD2347G1-LU firmware on the DS-2CD2347G3E-L , both are 4MP Colorvu turrets with the same specs but the DS-2CD2347G3E-L seems to be for the far east / middle east and are at least 50% cheaper to buy than in the EU/UK. I have 3 running perfectly back in the UK and just purchased another 2 yesterday, I am not really concerned if they can't use the firmware I just have plenty of time on my hands at the moment and there doesn't appear to be anything in any download portal that I can find .

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera hardware is coded for a specific region, then trying another region firmware usually doesn't work and you brick the camera OR it works but now the firmware is in another language.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, all the literature on the box, inside the box and on the camera menus are in English, I don't believe there is any region issue as this is so widely used in many different geographical parts of the world where disposable income is way lower than other parts. I think they are sold at a much lower price to create a market, the 3 cameras I have running in the UK were set up as easily as my others with no language or region issues and perform exactly as my single UK purchased Colorvu camera. As I said above I am happy with them as they are as I'm a don't fix it if it's not broke type, it would just be interesting to know if anyone else has come across these cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give it a try then LOL at your own risk!

Remember, many cameras are sold that are Chinese region cameras hacked to English. Without knowing who or where you purchased, it is a guess and your experience updating firmware could be drastically different than someone else just based on where the camera was purchased.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked cameras that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is an example of a Dahua camera...

And a lot of us here are of the mindset that if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it! Unless the firmware update is providing something that isn't working on yours, consider leaving as is.

1614546148413.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't say they were, I was just giving you information based on experiences of watching people coming here and trying a firmware update and it not go well because of issues like this.

Any firmware you try that you did not obtain from the vendor you purchased from is trying at your own risk.

But you can always give it a try!