Combined Alarm

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone ever used the combined alarm feature on the I series NVR?
Hoping to use a external pir connected to alarm input 2 this combined with camera 2 motion detection. This possible?

Attachments

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there,

it is possible but not the recommended way to do detection but alarm detectors can be "bypassed" unless the detector loop is monitored (End of Line resistance - EOL) which is in accordance to UL. I would recommend that you have a conventional alarm system installed with the output of the alarm panel triggering the NVR. I pressure you want to get alerts via your app.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can’t get it to work. If I tick the motion option it stops the alarm input from triggering. Thought this would be easy :blankstare:

Elkinkool

n3wb
Reaction score
Hola puedes utilizar tu nvr como alarma sin ningún problema pero recuerda que la detección de movimiento en cámaras es por cambio de píxeles y por ende no es tan eficiente lo mejor es usar las entradas de alarma de tu Dvr como pir y con esa señal puede hacer muchas cosas como encender las luces hacer sonar una sirena enviarte alerta por mensaje push a tu App iVMS-4500 o recibir correos electrónicos

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
check your arming schedule, if you choose both to trigger the event, choose M & A in the arming schedule.

Reactions: RBW

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good shout I’ll try tomorrow!

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Event > Arming schedule > 00:00 - 24:00
No option for M & A.

Record Schedule Motion & Alarm?