Combining alert data from 2 databases

ChrisPDuck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have a BI setup where the DB is stored on a small, dedicated, SSD and the video files are stored a WD purple drive (the whole drive contains just a huge 'new' folder, i do not use the 'stored' folder)
The SSD failed recently and so I replaced this and regenerated the DB and have the video clips going back as far as expected (around 6 months) but no alert data.

Now ~2 months after the event I've had a look at the SSD and was able to recover all the data from it.
This means blue iris now shows 6 months of video clips, the earliest 4 months with just the video files and the 2 most recent months with video files and alerts. However I do (in theory) have all the alert data as I have 2 dB folders, the first is the live folder covering the last 2 months and 2nd being the recovered folder containing the first 4 months. (I assume the alert data is the 'clips.dat' file?)

Is it possible to combine these so i regain the alerts data for the whole 6 months?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever the database is deleted and regenerated, the "alerts" are deleted, but all the files remain in tact. The alerts are simply thumbnails.

How long do you typically get for storage? I would think that by the time you would get this combined (I do not think it is possible), wouldn't it start to write-over?

Maybe someone has an idea, but I don't think it is possible or would be more hassle than it is worth.

ChrisPDuck

n3wb
Reaction score
Whenever the database is deleted and regenerated, the "alerts" are deleted, but all the files remain in tact. The alerts are simply thumbnails.

How long do you typically get for storage? I would think that by the time you would get this combined (I do not think it is possible), wouldn't it start to write-over?

Maybe someone has an idea, but I don't think it is possible or would be more hassle than it is worth.
I have 6 months of continuous and alerts recordings. The disks are about 2/3rds full. So I expect to get around 9 months of footage.
I have 4 months without alerts and 2 months with.
Therefore it'll be around July next year before the last alertless footage is written over.

If it's a real pain in the ar5e fine, I'll move on.

It feels it would be an unusual but not unique need though. I have all the data to do it if BI would allow (I have 2 .DAT files of alert data, I need to be able to 'load' both into BI and then use them to save a single, combined file)

Unless there's a method of unpacking the .DAT file and combining the files?