Compact/Repair DB How often ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, So Recently I think I had DB corruption. So My camera stopped recording and I could not get it to record. Only few were recording and sometime they will start back recording and stop again. I believe it was due to DB corruption or something. Now my DB does go to the SSD in which OS sits on. In the past I had that to set to do a compact/repair everyday at certain time. Now I am thinking of only doing once a week. My question is how often should I do it or should I just dont do it at all and leave it alone. ?

1592768639977.png

Also what happened was when I did try to repair it, I had another problem all my last / previous day week recording did not even show up and it could not delete old footage and was giving space error. So what I did to fix it was deleted all recording in hand in the drive and started fresh. So now its working only change I made instead of doing now everyday for compact repair I am only going to do it once a week. But wanted to check How are you guys handling this or is there a better way. Thank you !!!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine set to whatever the default is which I think is every day at 2 am. I have seen posts here that suggest it doesn’t need to be run so often but I’ve not really explored any further.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine set to whatever the default is which I think is every day at 2 am. I have seen posts here that suggest it doesn’t need to be run so often but I’ve not really explored any further.
Thank you, Yes I think in the past that is how Mine was set for everyday except just the time instead I had in the evening. I think I had some sort of DB corruption Possibly for my issues. So far after doing what I did its been working. Just wanted to make sure I do not run into it again in the future.

Thank you, For sharing your settings. I am also doing that now like your said Doing it one time a week only I might even turn it off all together. If this thing does not need compact/repair. Because I think at the max it will only take 100 Gb in 30-45 days which isn't a lot . I do have the space in the drive.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have done mine once a week with no issues AND I set the time (Sunday morning) when I am usually in front of my computer and monitor, as it does stop recordings. The default 02:00 am I am in bed and when the bars close. Not a good time to do it :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help. I had something weird going on as Per Ken with blueiris. My Clip.Dat file has some multiple entries / corruption which was causing me some recording issues. Thanks to @ Ken again I want to share how great of a customer service I got from him he remote in and spend time to troubleshoot this. Finally figured out what was the root cause. In my case it seem to be the clip.dat for blueiris DB file was having some weird issues/possible corruption which repair db could not fix.

As per Ken recommendation I pretty much wiped the entire folder / Basically I renamed it to old db and created new folder called db and deleted all old footage since it was not a biggie for me. And restarted recording since this afternoon everything has been rock solid so far...

Thank you Ken at blueiris and everyone here. as well. The more I use blueirs more I love it Thank you !!! Ken and this forum is also big part of it thank you for introducing me to such a great software :D