Compare camera settings

dutchguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Since a week or so, one of my camera's was not giving any Alerts anymore. I tried to manually compare to another camera with the same settings, but I could not find anything to make it work. I then just exported the second camera and changes the IP and it worked again.
Is there any way I could compare the settings of 2 camera's (besides checking all dialogs)? I already tried to compare the export files, but they are in binary format, so they cannot be compared easily.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is an option… (from the help pdf)

View attachment 95289
I tried this just to see what the human readable text file might look like, but holding the shift key while clicking export only produced a prompt to save the camera's .reg file. So I changed the extension to .txt while saving and took a look at the file...didn't provide much useful info, just a lot of settings/hex keywords. Anyone else try this?

Edit: No need to change the extension to .txt. Save as .reg as prompted. The exported file is indeed readable with individual settings and associated registry keywords. Compare this to a .reg file export where the shift key was not held during export and you'll see it's not at all readable.

Last edited:

dutchguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! When using the shift click option, it still saves a .reg file, but you can open it as a text file and it is in readable format.