Compatibility between US Version vs Chinese version

ldewi2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought 6 of DS2CD2132-I 3MP IR Fixed Focal Dome Camera 2.8 mm, US version. I need to buy a couple more with lens that can zoom in a little farther like 6 mm or 12 mm and I come upon varifocal DS-2CD2732F-I, but this version comes with warning not to upgrade the software, or it will be converted to Chinese. I also bought hikvision nvr with poe capability. I am wondering if 2CD2132 US version will work well with 2CD 2732F Chinese version and installation will not be a complete mess. I have not bought the varifocal yet, just wondering if they will work together, or I should be better off buying fixed 6mm lens like DS-2CD2032-I and be happy with that.

2nd question is I don't know how to test them to see how each will work covering the distance that I need to cover. Can I use my laptop to connect the nvr to the camera and then take them to the area where I want them to be to see if they work or not? Is there anything else that i need to get to make sure the connection work well?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.