Compatibility of Dahua NVR and WD101PURP hard drive 10TB

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I own a Dahua NVR NVR4108HS-4KS2/L so I would buy a new HDD and I am wondering if it will support the WD hard drive WD101PURP.

Do any of you have that HDD WD101PURP and already have it in your NVR, and does the NVR read/detect it correctly?

The specs for the NVR NVR4108HS-4KS2/L says it supports one HDD up to 10TB, but I'm wondering how things are going with the WD101PURP model because it's the latest model from WD so I'm afraid if it's compatible with the Dahua NVR ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did have some trouble on their XVR5832S-i2 with the older WD102PURZ and WD82PURZ models last year. Seemingly to do with SATA contoller drivers on the recorder firmware Dahua rep had told me. Has yet to appear again since latest firmware update for that model.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did have some trouble on their XVR5832S-i2 with the older WD102PURZ and WD82PURZ models last year. Seemingly to do with SATA contoller drivers on the recorder firmware Dahua rep had told me. Has yet to appear again since latest firmware update for that model.
Just to let you know that I bought WD101PURP, installed it in NVR4108HS-4KS2/L (latest firmware) and everything works great.

Maybe this information will help someone in making the right choice and in doubt about the size and compatibility of the HDD! :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.