Compatible alarms with the Alarm out ports?

AndrewG25

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the best camera's I can get for my home security system, and it seems that I have landed on the WizMind X Series cameras like the IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X , which don't appear to have the active deterrent features but do have Alarm In and Out ports.
I'm assuming this is to connect something like lights or siren? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can find compatible devices?

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anything which works over impulses aka NO/NC , you can connect any 3rd parts devices. There are no limitations.

Only thing that would be excluded from list are devices working with ms impulses.

Reaction score
If You have any alarm system, You can try integrate it with all system by Your NVR...

You can do:
  • analog way - on cameras or on NVR using alarm-out cables/ports with NO/NC signal connected as input to alarm system or any light/siren/active speaker etc,
  • over HTTP - You can program Dahua NVR (newest -EI line) to do HTTP request to Your server when specified actions happens (like IVS events etc),
  • IoT - also on newest -EI line there is direct IP integration with Dahua alarms system,
  • over Dahua HTTP API - external apps / services can ask over Dahua HTTP API (we have pdf with this API) to send information about any type of events..

Home-Assistant, nodeRed etc have modules to integrate events with Dahua cams/NVRs..
Polish most popular alarm system (SATEL) have ready-to-use integration with Dahua cams/NVRs, where You can add as up to 16 digital inputs (sensors) different events & actions from cams/NVR..

PS. there are also TIOC cameras - which have integrated siren & blue/red lights into cam...
Especially new TIOC PRO models with big 1/1.8" sensor.. they work with -EI NVR as one big alarm system...

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the best camera's I can get for my home security system, and it seems that I have landed on the WizMind X Series cameras like the IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X , which don't appear to have the active deterrent features but do have Alarm In and Out ports.
One more thing - You second time are writing about choosing 71242...
Don't do it.. this 12mpx model have very bad image sensor...

Last year, we had here a guy who insisted on this model (Ultra Line max budget max resolution 12 Mpx). Everyone tried to turn him away from it.

Finally he bought it, installed it (in a place where there is street lighting) and the next thread on the forum he created was how to fix this poor image:

1708357484923.png

This thread don't exists any more - this user deleted all his threads/messages and account after that story..

But I saved his image from 71242H for the future use..

AndrewG25

n3wb
Reaction score
Haha yes I ended up learning a lot from this forum and your post, I think my post here was prior to that, so thanks again.

Also thanks so much for the different implementation options, super interesting.
My end goal is to 'arm' the system either manually or on a schedule to send me alerts such as a line crossing from the camera, then in either the Dahua app or Home assistant I'd review the activity and have a button to trigger the alarm if necessary, as well as other automations.

The analog method seems to be the easiest in terms of wiring, just wire the light/siren to the alarm port on the camera, no need for additional cable runs. Have to see if Home Assistant has integration for the alarm function in this way, otherwise might have to go with one of the other methods.