Conceal/NVR ????

Xjfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for input.

Getting ready to install cameras soon. Looking for conceal/hide or place on convenient location?

Some don't worry about it because the cameras have sd card if nvr is stolen.

Others find locations to hide ie, kitchen cabinets. bedroom or storage closet, nvr/DVR lockbox.

I'm willing to install power wherever need. As long as I can run cables to it.

What's your thoughts. Thanks for the feedback.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine in the crawlspace, with a temp probe sitting on top of its case, and the readout in the closet above. I also have a video cable running into the closet should I ever need it. Haven't needed it yet.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For convenience and regular use, I put NVR at a television. If they are sophisticated enough to knowingly enter a house looking like a porcupine with camera-quills sticking out, they will wear a hoodie or hat and keep their head down, then go throw the main circuit breaker. Much faster than stealing an NVR.

Adamsdaddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was thinking of placing an NVR in the area where my heater sucks in air from inside my house. Plenty of room in there. My attic gets too hot for electronics to survive.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My NVR is on a TV which both are on a UPS and the NVR is buried in the media cabinet. With my obvious cameras and already system signs if they want something in my home vs. moving on they will get it. some of this is more a deterrent than anything else. Besides they don’t know you have an NVR, today with all the cloud cameras they will either move on or they will be disguised enough that the images won’t help much.