Condensation inside 'new' camera

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought a Hik 2CD2H85FWD-ISZ camera off an Aliexpress vendor. Have had pretty good luck in the past buying a bunch of the low-light Hik turrets.

There was no factory seal on the box and the camera had obviously been repackaged. Installed outdoors and was very pleased with the image quality. Within hours the inside of the lens fogged up and has stayed that way. Obviously images are blurry now.

I am having some message dialog with the Chinese vendor trying to convince him that the camera is defective.

Interested in other's experience with bad products from Aliexpress. How does this play out? Do they expect you to ship it back or give some partial refund?

I wonder if I could fix this by taking it apart and adding a new desiccant pack and making sure all the seals are intact.

Attachments

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a new Hikvision and the condensation went away by itself after about a week of being powered on.

The seller told me if it didn’t, then I should open it up and dry it out with a hair dryer. They also said to check the seal and consider a new desiccant pack, like you said. Should be doable - good luck!

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have the patience to wait and it was clearly not getting better.

I opened up the case and dried it with a hair dryer. Let it cool and added another desiccant pack from a dead camera I had lying around. Used some silicone grease on the gasket and so far so good- no fogging.

Reaction score
I Know it's an old thread, but i've exactly the same issue with the DS-2CD2H85FWD-IZS. Mine is indoor mounted.
It's clearly a fault in this camera, because i've many many other type of cameras and i don't ever had such as issue.

Vista_live.png

Reaction score
I had the same problem with a new SD22404T-GN. Cost me 2 call-back from the install guy and lots of searching.

However, after about a week, it just disappeared - nothing we did - and has been good as gold ever since. YMMV
Rick