Conditions/Profile Managment Setup Help Needed.

Walt

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Flir IP package a year ago (under the hood, it's a Dahua). It came with 8 dome cameras and works quite well.
I pretty much left everything at the default setting because it was adequate and also I couldn't figure out what they meant.
I had one camera that I had mounted too far up in the eave so I got a lot of back-scatter at night from the IR LEDs.
I just replaced that problem camera with a bullet (IPC HFW4300S). It cured the back-scatter problem but has it's own problem. It's VERY dark at night.

Which brings me to my question. How do I make it lighter (add brightness) at night but not during the day?
If I make it look good at night, it's all washed out during the day.

The default Profile Management is Full Time/Day and that's where I'm set.
What is Normal? Logically, that seems like that should be the default setting.
The Schedule setting seems like it would allow separate settings for day and night but would require constant re-setting.

If anyone can explain these settings to me or point to a good explanation, it would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a Flir IP package a year ago (under the hood, it's a Dahua). It came with 8 dome cameras and works quite well.
I pretty much left everything at the default setting because it was adequate and also I couldn't figure out what they meant.
I had one camera that I had mounted too far up in the eave so I got a lot of back-scatter at night from the IR LEDs.
I just replaced that problem camera with a bullet (IPC HFW4300S). It cured the back-scatter problem but has it's own problem. It's VERY dark at night.

Which brings me to my question. How do I make it lighter (add brightness) at night but not during the day?
If I make it look good at night, it's all washed out during the day.

The default Profile Management is Full Time/Day and that's where I'm set.
What is Normal? Logically, that seems like that should be the default setting.
The Schedule setting seems like it would allow separate settings for day and night but would require constant re-setting.

If anyone can explain these settings to me or point to a good explanation, it would be appreciated.
Try using the gain to adjust the brightness. Also if there is a smart ir function disable it.

Walt

n3wb
Reaction score
These are my choices in the Profile Management menu:
Capture1.PNG

And this is what's in the Conditions Menu:
Capture2.PNG