conf.loginerrorNo-20

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got a IPC-T5442TM
after setting the Ip through the web browser I connected to my dahua NVR but I am getting the error=20
I did a search for it but I only find instructions on an error-18. I followed those but did not work. Has anyone seen the errorNo-20 and know what it maybe?

gordon861

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever work out the problem with this?
I'm getting the same error with my new camera, works fine directly through IE and the web interface, and SmartPSS works too. But when I try to add to my Dahua NVR I get the message.

I wonder if it might be because the old NVR doesn't like a new 4k camera.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the make and model of the NVR?

Are you adding it to the poe PORT on the NVR ? Or on a POE switch that is accessed by the NVR ?

gordon861

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a standalone POE Injector which I'm using to power a Dahua IPC-HDW2831T-AS camera, and using a Dahua NVR4108-P. The camera is perfectly viewable through a browser it just throws up errors when I try to use the NVR.

I think the problem is the recorder has a build date of 2015/16, designed for 4MP cameras. And the new camera is a 4K/8MP unit.

So to make full use of it I expect I'll need to pick up an up to date NVR which isn't too expensive without the hard drive (can cannibalize the WD Purple from the existing kit for now)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@gordon861

I agree, if the camera is set to a higher resolution then the nvr can process it will not work.
Does the camera have the same username / password as the nvr ?
Have you tried setting the camera, via the browser to a lower resolution and test with the nvr ?

gordon861

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, tried setting the resolution down to just HD (lol just HD, must be getting old).

I have checked and rechecked the password a number of times. In theory I could update the NVR but it's an AliExpress import so would probably just brick it, assuming I can even find a more recent version.

Just looked at the version info for the NVR, it's using version 2.4.1 which appears to be December 2013, current version 20.06 June 2020.

bttaylor24

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone coming across this issue in future, it's a compatibility issue.
Upgrade firmware of NVR.

tbever

n3wb
Reaction score
+1 for the firmware issue
I have an older NVR 4208-8 POE and I tried to add a newer camera to it IPC-HDBW2831E-S-S2 8MP 4K and it wouldn't recognize it with the above error, although it did assign it an IP address
I updated the NVR firmware from the web interface which took all of 5 mins and did not have to re-enter all the NVR settings. I just had to update to a more secure password and it booted up and recognized the newer camera without any issues.
I was afraid I was going to spend hours down a rathole but it was no problem.
Here was a video that I found helpful

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a common issue when connecting a newer Dahua IP camera to the internal PoE of a older NVR. The solution is either (A) upgrade NVR firmware if an update is available (B) Plug your computer in a unused port on the back of the NVR, set your computers ip address to the 192.168.1.x range, find the camera, initialize it and then line it up with the internal PoEs range (default is 10.1.1.X) then go back to the NVR and re-add it via a manual add.