Config tool suddenly not finding my cameras.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This morning I connected to the config tool to login to my camera and it showed no devices connected. I verified connectivity and power cycled everything and still nothing showing. Any ideas on what's going on here?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you ping the camera(s)? Can you open the web GUI for the camera(s)? Are they on an NVR? Did you enter a subnet for the config tool to search?

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to ping one but his was after doing a factory reset. I ended up doing a factory reset on both but it still only shows one camera appearing.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's the subnet mask. Open a command prompt and type ipconfig.

Again, can you open the web GUI for the cameras? Are they on an NVR? Also, remember that if you did a factory reset they are both on the same IP address. That will prevent you from seeing one of them. Only plug one in and configure that one with an IP address to match your network in config tool. The plug in the second camera, rinse and repeat.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Again, can you open the web GUI for the cameras? Are they on an NVR? Also, remember that if you did a factory reset they are both on the same IP address. That will prevent you from seeing one of them. Only plug one in and configure that one with an IP address to match your network in config tool. The plug in the second camera, rinse and repeat.

Okay I can see both devices showing. I disconnect one, initialize it and once I attempt to modify the IP it gives me the message Config result - password error.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

No DVR just a POE switch that I don't have the password to.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I normally don't use the config tool. I just go directly to the camera web GUI and configure it that way. The problem with that, for you, is that your PC needs to be on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet. Are you familiar enough with Win10 and networking to change the IP configuration of your PC to either add a second IP address or change it?

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I normally don't use the config tool. I just go directly to the camera web GUI and configure it that way. The problem with that, for you, is that your PC needs to be on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet. Are you familiar enough with Win10 and networking to change the IP configuration of your PC to either add a second IP address or change it?
Not exactly.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay. I changed my computer IP but still having the same problem.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do another reset of the camera. I am assuming you're using the reset button on the camera, itself. Hold that button down for at least 10 or 15 seconds then give it time to reboot before trying to access it again.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I select other segment search it shows one camera that is initialized. If I select current segment search it shows 2 cameras.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do another reset of the camera. I am assuming you're using the rest button on the camera, itself. Hold that button down for at least 10 or 15 seconds then give it time to reboot before trying to access it again.
Yes, I'm using the button. Do I do one at a time or both?