Config tool suddenly not finding my cameras.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, initialize first, the set the IP....I think.
It finally took. I had to re-enter the password a second time in the search settings before it would change. It now shows the updated ip. I'll try second camera later, fingers crossed. Thank you for assistance.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It finally took. I had to re-enter the password a second time in the search settings before it would change. It now shows the updated ip. I'll try second camera later, fingers crossed. Thank you for assistance.
The default password is entered into the Config tool when it starts. If you changed the password, like you should, then you have to enter it into the search parameters to be able to change the IP.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update - I had a new router hooked up by a new ISP yesterday and once again I can't connect to my cameras. At first I the config tool couldn't see either of them. I did a factory reset on one camera, rebooted the router and PoE switch and now the config tool can see both cameras but I can't connect to them. Thoughts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update - I had a new router hooked up by a new ISP yesterday and once again I can't connect to my cameras. At first I the config tool couldn't see either of them. I did a factory reset on one camera, rebooted the router and PoE switch and now the config tool can see both cameras but I can't connect to them. Thoughts?
What about changing the IP address of the new router to the same IP address of the old router?

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about changing the IP address of the new router to the same IP address of the old router?

Before I was using a TP link wifi Router. Now I have that router connected to the new router. So technically I'm still using both. The config tool shows the cameras with their original IPs but I can't ping them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the cameras?

What is the IP address of the computer you are on trying to Ping them?

Do you have a double NAT situation going on? Did you disable one of the routers from handing out IPs?

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the cameras?

What is the IP address of the computer you are on trying to Ping them?

Do you have a double NAT situation going on? Did you disable one of the routers from handing out IPs?
192.168.1.108 and .112

computer - 192.168.0.102

Not sure how would do that, login to router and make change in the settings? If so, I don't remember the password.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And that is exactly why your computer cannot Ping them - you are are on one IP subnet and the cameras are on another.

You need to change you computer temporarily to 192.168.1.x Or go into the router and make it the 192.168.1.x subnet.

Go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.201

1681954136324.png

Then one at a time log in to each camera and change them to the 192.168.0.x subnet.

Night Owl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I was able to login this time but still under the old camera IP. I can't seem to change the camera IP address.