Configure BI with cheep china NVR

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought this NVR BESDER H.264 1080P 4CH 8CH NVR Onvif P2P High Definition Mini 1080P Full HD 4CH 8CH Network Video Recorder NVR For IP Camera-in Surveillance Video Recorder from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have configure port Forward in my router for http and RTSP. I used canyouseeme.org to verify if the port is opened. I was able to view the camera from http with my iphone with LTE enable.

I tried to configure with BI, but can find the right setting.

Let me know how I can fix.

Thank you

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll bet if you scanned a QR code with your phone you're locked into P2P mode.
If not go hereand try these URL's one a time for your NVR (each cam will need a channel # in BI) or for each cam.
If you get BI going better remove those ports that you forwarded to the NVR before it's hacked.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are right. I scanned with a QC code with my phone. So, now I am locked into P2P mode. Should I rest my NVR?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are right. I scanned with a QC code with my phone. So, now I am locked into P2P mode. Should I rest my NVR?
Yes. Hook up NVR to LAN port on your router, then apply reset. It will likely revert to non-P2P and will acquire an IP via DHCP. Look into router's DHCP clients or use network IP scanner to find NVR's IP, then put that IP into browser, configure that IP in NVR as static. Use that IP in BI also and try to access NVR stream via RTSP (some URL's in that link I sent before).

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
What am I missing here? If you have BI why an NVR? BI is a far superior NVR and you already had it.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used BI to remote view my cameras on different site.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still missing it. BI has remote view capability and will handle up to 50+ cameras. If you're connecting the cameras to an NVR then to BI it just seems really redundant or maybe I'm just dense.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let says you have 3 ip cameras and you want to connect to BI, you have to open the 1 port for every camera to make it works.

But, if you connect all the cameras into one nvr, you only need port forward one port. In the BI configuration, you only need to add the cameras by channel.

I am concern that open port are more risky to get hacked. So I think the best, is to open one port.

I don't know if that's the best way to add multiple camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let says you have 3 ip cameras and you want to connect to BI, you have to open the 1 port for every camera to make it works.

But, if you connect all the cameras into one nvr, you only need port forward one port. In the BI configuration, you only need to add the cameras by channel.

I am concern that open port are more risky to get hacked. So I think the best, is to open one port.

No, you shouldn't be opening any ports. Use a VPN.
Anyway, no reason to open a port for each camera.
VPN Primer for Noobs

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Shang, at what point where you instructed to forward ports in your router? If using P2P and scanning QR code, no port forwarding should be required!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's not correct.

No NVR, just add each cam to BI using it's RTSP URL, no port forwarding of ANY cam!

I used BI to remote view my cameras on different site.
Please clarify.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have installed camera in 4 different sites. I opened the ports in every site. From BI, I was able to view all site by simply enter the DDNS with the port number.

Now, I concern about security problem. I see that vpn offer better solution. I see that VPN Primer for Noobs explain very well.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With the vpn configuration, I see that we can access directly to the LAN camera ip address. What happen if all my site have the same subnet or if two camera have the same?

Btw, is there any step by step video or instruction for setup vpn?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the vpn configuration, I see that we can access directly to the LAN camera ip address. What happen if all my site have the same subnet or if two camera have the same?
Each and every device (PC's, router, camera, NVR, etc.) in your network (LAN) MUST have its own, unique IP address.

Btw, is there any step by step video or instruction for setup vpn?
@looney2ns gave you link in post #9, above.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, now I understand what you're doing but I still don't understand why you're using BI for that. Just set up VPNs at each remote location and then VPN directly in to each of the NVRs. Not much of a problem to set up a tab in a web browser for each so you can go from one to the other. Probably more responsive and, maybe, better video quality since you'd eliminate a step of video processing by BI.

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, now I understand what you're doing but I still don't understand why you're using BI for that. Just set up VPNs at each remote location and then VPN directly in to each of the NVRs. Not much of a problem to set up a tab in a web browser for each so you can go from one to the other. Probably more responsive and, maybe, better video quality since you'd eliminate a step of video processing by BI.
True, but I like BI interface and how I can view the camera

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use an NVR but I would assume that it would have some form of web interface that you can view. BI is just using the stream coming of the NVR. You should be able to use that same stream, directly, just as you would use the stream off a camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now I understand: the 4 different locations, 1 cam at each location, port forwarded to cam IP at each location, BI 'looking' at the 4 cams over Internet using hostname: port. But I still don't see where the NVR comes in!
As @awsum140 mentions in post #17 and I alluded to in my post #2 (because I initially understood you wanted to stream to BI from an NVR) you can do that but not sure how all this ties together.
Good luck, partner........this old man's going to bed.