Configure motion detection - object crossing zones

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi team,

I submitted this question to Blue Iris support about a week ago. I haven't heard from support yet.

Submitting here just in case anyone has any suggestions.

Version: Release 4.3.9.6 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz [45%], using 2GB out of 8GB RAM
5 Hikvision cameras (4M pixels) - using direct-to-disc, hardware acceleration turned off

I am able to get basic motion detection to work. But I am unable to get motion scenario where "object crossing zones" to trigger. When I test motion myself, I can see that Blue Iris puts a green box when I am in zone A, and when I move to zone B, I see it puts a green box in that zone, but no trigger.

I have tried turning off/on every option in the motion detection UI.

Any ideas?

See screenshots.

A-B.pngzones.pngmotion.png

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI only does motion detection in the green area. So BI can’t see the object between the zones, and therefore it will lose the object when exiting zone A and a “new” object will enter in zone B.

For your test purpose add a zone C that will be a zone over the hole screen, then the settings will work, you will properly need to configure the contrast and size but this way it will start to work anyhow!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
great explanation, Mattias. an alternative would be to place the zones adjacent to each other (with no gap between for objects to get lost in)

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Mattias,

Thanks for the explanation. That was the key! I am able to get "object crossing zones" to work now. Very excited. Hopefully, less false alarms.

-Andy