Configuring alerts and logging of humans/vehicles

Reaction score
I've got a NVR8CH-AI with three IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 monitoring a driveway and alley. I've setup an IVS tripwire for the driveway and am receiving alerts in DMSS. I don't want to be alerted on every car or person that passes by in the alley, but would like to be able to go back and review footage if needed. I know I could do this with SMD, but would it be better to setup an IVS intrusion detection on the alley and not enable those alerts in DMSS? Or is there something else I should be doing? Thanks.

Also is there any opinion on AcuPick vs Video Metadata since only one can be used at a time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats what I do on non critical cameras. Once you set up the IVS rule (on the camera GUI itself), check the box for record. Then go to the NVR and make sure under Storage that you are recording IVS/Intelligence for that camera. I record full time + IVS on all of my cameras and only enable push alerts when I'm away for certain cameras. I do have two cameras at entrance points that send me an email as well 24/7

For reviewing, I use SmartPSS, much nicer interface than the NVR GUI for playback/live viewing/downloading clips

Have not used Accupic yet, I suppose it would come down to need. For a normal size home Im fine with reviewing alerts and getting notifications. Seems overkill, but may be useful for a large property with many cameras