Configuring Hikvision Cameras' Infrared/Night Vision via Hikvision NVR

Reaction score
I just bought Hikvision NVR and a couple of cameras from a local authorized dealer.

I've not yet installed the camera but I've already stumbled into a potential problem.

How do I go about configuring the night vision/infrared setup on the camera *via the NVR* software?

Since the cameras are behind the security of the NVR via the POE network ports and the only access I have to them is via the VGA interface on the NVR (essentially mouse/keyboard) I haven't found a way to turn off the night vision.

I don't really want to unhook the camera from the NVR because I have no other POE switch that will power them and they'll be at least a 20 foot ladder away.

I have a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR with firmware v3.4.92, Build 170518.

Thanks, Brian

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
go the nvr and under network///advanced setting///other///enable Enable Virtual Host. go the camera click the link then you can login the camera.

Reaction score
Thank you for the response but I don't understand how clicking "Enable Virtual Host" helps. Do I then use the IP address of the destination camera in my browser URL line? If that's the case, then my laptop needs a static route to the cameras' network (which I can do).

Is there a step I'm missing?

Reaction score
Ahhh...wait. I think I see it now. In Configuration -> System -> Camera Management, the cameras are now accessible via Network Address Translation (NAT).

Thank you!

Last edited: