confused about changes after upgrade - can't export clips, no timelapse,

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgrade my BI installation on 4/14 to 5.4.3.5. I'm wondering if some of the features got moved or if I'm mis-remembering where they were. Here's some things that seem different.

1619675821969.png

1. I have motion trigger 10 second videos videos. The clips tab shows each of these motion triggered videos. I thought there used to be tab to the right of the clip tab that was a long video of a composite of all those motion clips. But that tab seems to have dissappeared after the upgrade and I'm just now noticing.

1619675736285.png

2. When I try to right click and export individual 10-second motion triggered clip, nothing exports. The export gets put in a queue, but it never starts export process. I see the CPU is not ramping up, and that white circle just keeps on spinning. Is there some other button we're now supposed to click to start the export?

1619675942027.png 1619676218193.png

3. I think I must've misconfigured how much HD space BI can have. I've been poking around and can't find this 27G setting that needs to be lowered.
1619676127272.png

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You are looking at the "Alerts" and not "Clips". If you change the drop down below the calendar icon (in the 2nd image posted), then you will see the full video file. I'm not sure if this will change how you download a clip, but it does explain why it looks different.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I see the drop down now. Yeah, I can view the 5 minute images as well as the short video clips based on what the drop down is under the calendar.

I'm still having trouble getting the ability to export clips to mp4. I still get that queue of several export requests.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For #1, look further to the right and you will see two new icons which behave like the old "Clips" and "Alerts" tabs did. These are really just shortcuts to the database views "All clips" and "Alerts", but usable in one click instead of two.

For #2, I have no idea why your exports are getting stuck. I'd suggest updating to the latest Blue Iris version in case that version you are on is buggy. I just tested exporting through UI3 on the latest version and it worked for me. If the latest version doesn't fix it, you should start a support ticket with Blue Iris.

For #3, go to Blue Iris's local console and open Blue Iris Settings by clicking this button:

1619733827003.png

The "Clips and archiving" tab is where the storage settings are configured.

You can also look at the current disk status in the Blue Iris Status window, "Clip storage" tab. This provides an alternate view of the storage information which may be a little bit more detailed than you get in UI3.

1619733857015.png