confused on schedule/profile

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not really sure on what i need to do..But I am looking to make a night time profile that will turn on automatically and off in morning . The cameras are sending sms every few mins when triggered by bugs I am gathering.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to create a second profile and disable alerts. Then you set that profile to be active during the evening. Best way to do it is to make it relative to sunrise sunset.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you dont need to override the global if you are doing this for all your cams. In the global schedule you can create up to 7 different profiles.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this is correct. The profile will automatically switch from day and night with time settings?

How do you guys deal with rain setting off camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, but i would set it relative to sunrise and sunset, that it will be more accurate and you wont have to make changes in winter.
Rain is always a problem. You can set up use the traffic lights to manually disable alerts when its raining/snowing. and/or set up a second set of cloned cameras only for alerts. Set the motion threshold higher so you dont get false triggers.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was my next question does bi know sun up and down ..Can I set camera to record for 30 mins after trigger ? Also can I select the cams indvuslly not in group ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI uses the longitude and latitude information you need to enter in the box. http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html
You can do this individually by going to each camera and overriding the global schedule.
What do you mean by "Can I set camera to record for 30 mins after trigger ?"

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I was asking is after a triggered motion event happens I would like 2 of the four cameras to record for thirty minutes. Am I overlooking setting again! Lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Under the motion tab in the camera set end trigger unless re-triggered to 1800 seconds. Why do you want it to record so long after a trigger?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Playing around with driveway and my back section of property. 30 mins is most likely overkill but I can see what going. When I get home I will try it. What are you recording to direct to disc? Or ? And what format. ?
Did you see AExpess has the 2032 for 49.00. Saw them last night.! I took a shot and ordered it

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am stump on getting the set it relative to sunrise and sunset to not be grayed out.. What am i missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First set your longitude and latitude. Then you need to move the balloon within an hour before or after today's sunrise and sunset then check the box for relative to sunrise/sunset. So for example if you set the end of your schedule to 30 min before today's sunset then every day the schedule will adjust to end 30 minuets before that days sunset. That is whats meant by "relative". If you set it exactly to today's sunset then it will always change at sunset for that day.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I figured out the sunrise and set stuff .. another question is if I change a record setting during night time profile in one camera that change will only effect the night time profile on that one cam? when day time profile comes around it will have different setting. I am talking about record times, formats,and triggers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes you are correct. Just make sure the proper profile is selected from the drop down when making the changes.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I was in the correct profile this time ! Lol That's what I was thinking being the texts stopped when it changed profiles but made some changes and wanted to be sure . So I can see in morning.Thanks