Confused. using custom model, alerts cancelled

eric90066

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie, struggling, wondering what I am doing wrong.

I am using the custom “delivery” model designed to send me an email when usps, ups, fedex or amazon truck is in the area.

I am using BI with codeproject ai server.

According to the log, BI is running normally, it is seeing trucks, codeproject ai is correctly identifying objects with over 90% confidence.

But after showing in the log for 30 seconds or so, the alert turns to: AI: Alert Cancelled [nothing found] when it should be shooting off an email.

I am at a loss as to what is going on. Email are working correctly (I did a test email which worked fine). I did a test using the “immediate actions” sections of the triggered tab and I started receiving emails, but that function sends me emails when I get all kinds of alerts and not when I use the custom model.

Any suggestions on what I should tweak in the settings would be helpful.

Attachments

Dixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the setting for the camera itself under the trigger tab and then AI section? What have you set there for model to use and confirm options.

eric90066

n3wb
Reaction score
A solution!

So, I started rethinking the logic here and began experimenting.

First, I questioned why use the delivery custom model in the alert section since the AI is doing that work.

So I removed that requirement from the alert section. Fortunately, a UPS truck was coming down the street after I did that and I immediately got an email.

Great.

But then another car, then a van, then another car. I was emailed on two of the three.

Damn. Not great.

I looked at the email with the ups truck and the two without and found something interesting.

The image highlighted on the UPS symbol (with a confirmation %) while the others did not. So this email is using the custom delivery AI and the others were just alerts on objects of all types.

So I went back in the email section of the alert and did a test. I kept the "required objects" blank and filled in the "skip with" section with normal objects you would expect (note: If I were looking for multiple objects I would do multiple email alerts in this section, a different alert for each item I was NOT looking for i.e. if I was looking for cars I would SKIP people, bikes, trucks, etc.).

I also reduced the number of alerts in a minute so that the system has to wait before sending out the next alert (I think its rather unlikely multiple deliveries will cross the camera at the same time and not get captured in the first image).

I then went to AI section and boosted the min confidence. I also changed fire action to only when confirmed. Analyze one each to 200ms and real time images to 3. Trucks and vans are pretty slow so I expect this will work for them (with cars maybe it would be 1 or 2).

Since making these changes I got two email alerts when a UPS and USPS truck passed the camera. All other objects have been ignored.

Hope this helps any poor soul like myself struggling with this frustrating issue.

(ps - the image attached I removed the email address for posting purposes but of course that email address in there. )

Attachments