Connect two POE Switches

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I could connect two together but somehow it's not working for me.

House:
Cisco managed POE switch, but I use it as default settings, no configuration.

Garage:
TP link unmanaged POE+ switch

So, I ran CAT5e from Cisco switch to TP Link, then another CAT5e from TP link to IPCam. There's no connection to the IPCam. What am I missing?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the house switch assigning an IP address?

Connecting two switches together is as simple as running a cable from one of the unused ports on one to an unused port on another. But the managed switch can thru a wrench in it.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the house switch assigning an IP address?

Connecting two switches together is as simple as running a cable from one of the unused ports on one to an unused port on another. But the managed switch can thru a wrench in it.
I thought it should be simple as well.

I'm not sure if the Cisco switch is assigning IP address. I bought it used and use it as it is.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plug the camera into the managed switch and see if you can see it. If you can't then you know there is something you need to change IP wise in the managed switch.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plug the camera into the managed switch and see if you can see it. If you can't then you know there is something you need to change IP wise in the managed switch.
That I already did before, it's working it. The Cisco switch has 4 other cameras running.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That I already did before, it's working it. The Cisco switch has 4 other cameras running.
Have you also test TP link unmanaged POE+ switch alone with the camera and see if it work without the Cisco managed POE switch?