Connecting directly to IP Cam through Internet Explorer

Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a bit of a walkthrough on how to connect to an IP Cam directly from Internet Explorer

What I've got:

4 x Swann NHD-810 cameras, they're (I'm pretty sure not ONVIF compatible) from my old NVR which is dead.
1 x PC with Blue Iris - should be more than capable of connecting to the cameras
1 x 8 port POE switch

So far as a complete amateur and after some forum posts I'm having a go at getting them up and running on a PC Blue Iris.
I've read the wiki and tried connecting using Blue Iris and the "network IP camera Configuration" tool "find / inspect" function. Obviously the cameras are plugged into the switch and so is the PC too. The onvif search is fruitless but the LAN IP:port scan is finding only the pc I'm guessing on the switch (if the wifi card is on it finds all the devices on my network).
In this tool I also selected the NHD-810 pre configured drop down. When the NVR worked (NVR8-7285) I changed its password so also tried this in case it changed the camera passwords too.

The switch indicates that the cameras are connected and they seem to do a handshake and then no data is passed after that. At night the IR lights are coming on so they are functioning by the looks of things.

I did a swann NHD-810 search on Connect to Swann cameras and could not find an input to help so I figured id ask how I'd go back to the most basic and try and log in directly to one of the cameras via Internet explorer.

Ive read about changing sub nets etc - I'm not this tech savvy enough to know how to do it without some input from someone who uses computers at this level. I'm pretty good at using google to get PC issues sorted especially windows update dramas that can take days to sort out because dll's etc are wrong or corrupt so overall if you give me some pointers I should be able to try them out!!!

Thanks in advance!!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The first thing to do is to see if there's a reset button on the cameras. If there is press it, hold it down for say 15 seconds or more, release it and let the camera reboot. It will then get an IP address on your LAN. They're probably configured to an IP address that isn't on your LAN which is why you can't see them.

If that doesn't work, maybe someone that knows what Swann cameras default to for an IP address will chime in here.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score