Connecting IP Cam to wireless after reboot

mc2407

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I have got a Storage Options IP camera. I have set the camera up via Ethernet cable, then through wireless configuration. Once the wireless configuration is complete, i can use the camera wirelessly by unplugging the Ethernet cable. However whenever the camera is turned off then back on (For example when i move the camera around the house), it will not connect to the wireless automatically. I have to plug it in to Ethernet, then configure, then unplug Ethernet cable every time, which defeats the point of wireless if it always has to be next to an Ethernet cable.

Thanks for any help.

Mike.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have got a Storage Options IP camera. I have set the camera up via Ethernet cable, then through wireless configuration. Once the wireless configuration is complete, i can use the camera wirelessly by unplugging the Ethernet cable. However whenever the camera is turned off then back on (For example when i move the camera around the house), it will not connect to the wireless automatically. I have to plug it in to Ethernet, then configure, then unplug Ethernet cable every time, which defeats the point of wireless if it always has to be next to an Ethernet cable.

Thanks for any help.

Mike.
Make sure you are setting a static internal ip address for the camera...also known as dhcp reservation in many routers-you need to set this for the WIRELESS mac address.