Connecting ONVIF-compatible camera to QCAM NV3108E

gatorheel

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a QCAM NV3108E (which I got via the meh.com deal someone also posted here) which came with eight bundled bullets which were plug-and-play. I want to swap one of them out with a turret for my front door, so I got a Dahua 4431. Both systems claim to be ONFIV-compatible, and I can see the Dauha just fine via ONFIV Device Manager and can log into the web console. However, I have been unable to get the QCAM NVR to recognize it. QCAM/Amcrest support was zero help (in fact, I had an issue which locked up the system during one of my attempts to manually add the camera and their advice was a hard wipe....). I've read through every old post I can find (this one is almost exactly my situation: Trying to Connect GW-1371IP Camera to QCAM 8 Channel NVR) but I'm still stuck and was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice. This also appears to be the same conversation on the Amcrest boards.

The NVR was assigning IPs in the subnet 17.16.25.0 so I manually set the Dahua cam to static and assigned the next IP in sequence. On the cam I also created an account in the admin group and gave it a short (6 char) password. I also disabled ONVIF authentication (cams are connected to the NVR ports so I believe they're not exposed even to my LAN).

Network settings on the cam are now:
  • IP Type: Static (172.16.25.6)
  • Mask: 255.255.255.0
  • Gateway: 172.16.25.1 (pinged this IP and got response but can't verify)
Cam defaulted to the following ports which I haven't changed:
  • TCP: 37777
  • UDP: 37778
  • HTTP: 80
  • RTSP: 554
  • HTTPS: 443 (but not enabled)
I take it from other posts that HTTP is the correct port so I am trying to add 172.16.25.6:80 to the QCAM NVR w/o luck. I also tried the other ports and various combinations of AUTO vs ONVIF vs RTSP protocols and providing a user/pass vs. leaving it blank. All fruitless.

One other thing I am seeing that that confuses me is that if I look at the NVR camera config page, all of the QCAM autoconfigured cameras show port 9000. If I look at the web console for the QCAM cameras they show:
  • IP Type: DHCP
  • Mask: 255.255.0.0 (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
  • Gateway: 0.0.0.0 (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
  • HTTP: 80
  • Media Port: 9000
  • RTSP: 554
Which seems to indicate that the QCAM is expecting me to provide the Media Port (whatever that is, maybe TCP?) instead of the HTTP port during manual configuration. Lastly, if I look at ONVIF Device Manager:
  • Identification -> URI: 172.16.25.x:8000 (example: http://172.16.25.4:8000/onvif/device_service)
  • Live Video -> URI: 172.16.25.x:554 (example: rtsp://172.16.25.4:554/h264Preview_01_main)
  • Network Settings -> IP Type: Static
  • Network Settings -> Mask: 255.255.255.0
  • Network Settings -> Default Gateway: 8N (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
So now port 8000 is in the mix too, plus the mask is back to a typical setting (yet completely conflicting with what the camera web console reports)....

It's very frustrating that this is the exact reason ONVIF was created but someone who is claiming to be compliant does not appear to be. Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!