Connecting through VPN

ZigBlazer

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got BI working good now. Got a VPN setup through my home router. Been trying to get BI working on my phone to finally be able to look at the cameras while I'm away from home. I still can not connect when I'm not on the same network, ie, while I'm away.

What VPN do you use? How do you have it connected? I'm just trying to have a reliable way to view the cameras while I'm not home.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the summary of what I did (last night!)

1. Turn on OpenVPN in your router. This includes setting up a user name and password and then generating a config file that you will share with any device you want to connect via the VPN.
2. Install an OpenVPN app on your phone, and use the user id, password and config file to setup your connection
3. Activate the VPN on your phone and connect.

I've got BI working good now. Got a VPN setup through my home router. Been trying to get BI working on my phone to finally be able to look at the cameras while I'm away from home. I still can not connect when I'm not on the same network, ie, while I'm away.

What VPN do you use? How do you have it connected? I'm just trying to have a reliable way to view the cameras while I'm not home.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Read this former post ==>> here.