Connecting to multiple VPN-Server/locations?

MrGlasspoole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

i have now a second location with cam's and it seems like you can't view both through VPN at the same time?

I have openVPN running in pfSense and use "OpenVPN for Android" on the Android devices.
The moment i connect to another location the first one is disconnected...
From asking Google it seems like that is normal.

I cant believe that its really not possible. There are company's who monitor multiple locations - how do they do it?

arcticash

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have things set up the way I think you do, then when you switch VPN you are essentially unplugging from one network and plugging into another one.

The only way (that I know of) to view both simultaneously would be to have them all on the same network, or have them accessible from the internet using the Web UI.

One other idea that I had but haven't had any time to look into was hosting Blue Iris in the cloud and using a VPN to connect to the cameras, however I don't think this is supported in any way shape or form lol

Ash

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
From how I read your post, it sounds like you want to connect your phone to multiple VPN's at once, which probably will never work with the OpenVPN app

Choose a site with the best internet, throw a PC/Firewall there and have it as a central VPN client or server (OpenVPN doesn't care) and then VPN back to that main site. One connection, all three sites

You just want multiple site-to-site VPN's, then make sure you have firewall rules to permit traffic from the main site to those, and when you VPN to the main site, everything should work

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think you can with the client.

You probably could set up site-to-site between the two sites and then get to both through one as a client.

MrGlasspoole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score