connection lost when IR on

Remi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have four ip cameras (Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-AS). One of them behaves really strange. When IR switch on during the night then I loose connection with camera. I can even login to the admin site. When I switch on light in room and IR switch automatically off then connection is coming back...

Any ideas what's going on?

Kind regards,
Remi

xn6767

n3wb
Reaction score
Could it be a PoE brownout issue of some sort? If it's currently PoE powered can you try a direct power supply temporarily to see if the issue persists? If it's already powered directly, can you try a different PSU in case the voltage on the current one is sagging from the IR load and causing the CPU to lock up?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I have four ip cameras (Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-AS). One of them behaves really strange. When IR switch on during the night then I loose connection with camera. I can even login to the admin site. When I switch on light in room and IR switch automatically off then connection is coming back...

Any ideas what's going on?

Kind regards,
Remi
If you are using POE to power the cam, try a different cable to test. RJ45's on the cable could have been installed incorrectly.

Remi

n3wb
Reaction score
I test the cable and something is wrong. I will try to look into RJ as the cable is already in the wall and I can not fix it :(

I am using POE on this cable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I test the cable and something is wrong. I will try to look into RJ as the cable is already in the wall and I can not fix it :(

I am using POE on this cable.
Make sure the cable is wired up using the proper 568B standard

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just recently seen some people having trouble with CCA CAT cable. CCA is Copper Clad Aluminum which has a higher resistance per given distance. This might be what is causing your I/R drop (or voltage drop when the IR LEDs come on). As other have suggested, test this on a short patch cord with the camera about 10 feet from the POE supply. if it is determined that the cable is bad. Be sure to use solid copper CAT cable. And a professional should be able to pull in new cable.